Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm Movin' in ...

I'm movin' into my cottage tomorrow!! My first load of items will include my futon, linens, a lamp, a table, my computer, and some kitchen stuff.

I decided to go with Charter as my cable and Internet provider, installation on Saturday. I had to go with Expanded Basic Cable because the selection of Limited Basic channels is really "limited". I chose the 10 meg Internet and was able to get a bundled price under $100 for 12 months, at which time I can downgrade if I want to. Unfortunately the cable jack in the living room is in a weird place and I have only one floor plan option. I ran around this week looking for a corner computer station that would fit properly. Lucky for me Office Depot was having a two-day clearance on a nice amoeba-shaped computer table for half-price. The only problem is that the keyboard tray is not wide enough for the keyboard and the mouse. So, in order to be ergonomically correct, I will try it without the wheels. I already have epicondylitis (tennis elbow) in both elbows due to using a standard mouse at the incorrect height, so I need to be careful.

Hopefully my PG&E and Gas will be turned on when I arrive. I was surprised that the gas in this area is provided by a different company than Pacific GAS & Electric, it is actually called The Gas Company!! I have to remember to turn up the water heater when I get home so I have a hot shower the next morning. I am also hoping that the former tenant leaves her washer and dryer. It will be nice to just do my laundry while I am unpacking and hang it right into my new closet. Now if I can just remember to bring down the hangers ...

No comments: