Sunday, August 22, 2010

Review - Restaurants - Li'l Hut


My family has come to this cute little walk-up shack outside of the Harbor Hut for decades. There is plenty of outdoor seating, most under a roof, and it is quite casual and good for families. The condiments are on the tables, with the plastic utensils and paper napkins at the pick-up window. You bus your own table into the trash cans.

These chicken strips are the best in town, meaty with not too much batter, and served hot and crispy. There are 5 strips, and they don't offer a half-order like they do for their fish and chips. The french fries are crispy and lightly seasoned, but I wish they would disclose that they are seasoned somewhere on their menu. You could easily split this dish with someone else, the strips are quite filling and I usually can't finish my fries. I need to ask if I can order them without fries next time!! I wish they had a non-coleslaw option for salad, but I would rather have good chicken strips and no salad than bad chicken strips with a salad!!

I will definitely be returning here for chicken strips, but I also wish to try their burgers. My biggest negative is that they only give you one refill on your soda now (12 oz. cup) and that they want to charge you for extra dipping sauces (although they don't always actually charge you). You need to be careful of birds eating your food if you leave it unattended outside. Also, there are no signs posted for NO SMOKING, so people leave the restaurant and light up outside the door, or people are just walking through with a lighted cigarette. The safest place is under the roof if you wish to avoid the smoking.

No comments: