Monday, February 22, 2010

Review - Cambria Restaurants

Las Cambritas (2336 Main St.)

I had been shopping at the Antique shops down the street and had to go to the bathroom. This was the first restaurant I found and used the facilities before eating a late lunch. After I used the facilities the waitress just stared at me while I was waiting (as instructed by a sign) at the greeters' podium. I was seated and my order was taken. It was obvious that she just wanted to get back to the bar, where her "regulars" were waiting. I should have put my earphones in and listened to some music, because the bar-folk were quite loud in their inappropriate conversation.

The food was nothing to write home about, either. I had the trio of tostadas, a salad, and a soda. The salad was great, large and good dressing. But I have to say the tostadas were only mediocre. The beef one also had a strange aroma, spicing? It tasted absolutely horrible, I am surprised that I didn't get food poisoning later in the day. The chips and salsa were only so-so.

I would only recommend this restaurant if you are going there for the bar atmosphere, or the toilet!!

Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill

I was staying up the street from this restaurant and decided not to drive into Cambria proper for dinner. I wanted to watch the amazing sunset while I dined. They had a nifty long deep "bar" outside that ran parallel to the beach, perfect for watching the sunset while dining.

The crusty French bread arrived nice and warm, but since we were outside it cooled off too quickly. I was hungry so I ate it while I waited for the waiter to take my order. I waited a while, but he finally came to bring me a menu and ask for my drinks.

Their drinks have free refills, which I always appreciate. The waiter brought new refills just when I needed them, which is great because I get the hiccups if I am not drinking while I eat.

I ordered the Petite Filet, which I was able to substitute a small salad for the vegetables. The roasted red potatoes were topped with a creamy garlic sauce and they were fantastic. The vinaigrette dressing was fantasic, I even dipped my steak fork into it before I ate the steak. The meal was perfect, and the sunset was amazing while I dined. It did get a bit chilly and I wished for an outdoor heater. Perhaps because it is winter they don't have the heaters outside?

I will definitely return here in the future, the only problem I had was that they were really slow. Perhaps they were really full inside?

No comments: