Friday, June 4, 2010

Review - Guadalupe Restaurants

Far Western Tavern (899 Guadalupe St. - Hwy 1)

This is a fantastic restaurant in historic Guadalupe. I have been there twice and was happy about the food and service both times. The decor is amazing, cowhide and mounted animal heads everywhere!! Yesterday, the mayor was dining, as were the "two richest ranchers in the area"!! We were greeted by friendly staff and service was wonderful. I had a slight substitution on the salad and it was perfectly handled, the last time I was there they had some trouble with this. The steak was not as medium-rare as I had hoped, but it didn't give me the hic-cups!! I wasn't sure what to do with the salsa, beans, and butter that was on the table, as there were no chips or bread served separately from the meals. I tried the pinquito beans, since they are a local specialty only grown in the Santa Maria area. I tried the home-made chips dipped in the salsa. One of these days I want to return for dinner and try the filet on polenta!!

No comments: