Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Review - Restaurant - Hofbrau

I can't believe this restaurant was not already on my list!! Probably because I always go here and it wasn't a new restaurant for me. Every time my family comes to town we have to go there, it is easily our most favorite restaurant!! Their specialty is a roast beef dipped sandwich, but I tried their turkey sandwich today and was bummed that they use regular deli turkey. Their big thing is to slice off the roast beef for your sandwich while you watch, I guess I was hoping that they had a big turkey in the back room for my sandwich!! I had a cold turkey sandwich and a salad, I won't have the turkey sandwich again because their bread is best with the "au jus" dipping sauce. It was too dry without the dip.

I usually get their chicken strips with a salad (it comes with fries, but you can substitute a salad for $1.25) and a soda. I like that they have free refills on sodas, and that you can choose two items to go on your salad (I get carrots and beets). Their blue cheese dressing is good, not too vinegary, but I miss the sunflower seeds they used to offer at the condiment area.

The chicken strips used to be large and pretty meaty, with a yummy breading, but yesterday I had some and they were small and not as good. They offer two sizes, I get the small (which has 2 strips). I tried the french fries that came with my friend's fish and chips and they are crispy and tasty, no need for ketchup.

There are table and benches inside and some outside seating on a little deck overlooking the Rock, sometimes they have a heater going outside. There are also some public outside tables if those are full. I will definitely return to this amazing staple of Morro Bay, every time my family visits we have to eat there.

No comments: