Thursday, March 18, 2010

Review - Ragged Point Restaurants

Ragged Point Inn Restaurant (19019 Hwy 1)

I decided to travel up to Ragged Point for my birthday, such beautiful views!! I should have brought some hiking shoes so I could have hiked down the Nature Trail, but I had sandals on. I decided to eat at the restaurant, and was told to sit anywhere. I took the table on the end, with the incredible views and some shade. I waited and waited for the server to come and take my order, I am not exaggerating. She finally came out and took my order.

I was disappointed that they didn't have blue cheese dressing, and nothing on their lunch menu caught my eye. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a soda. It took her a while to get my soda, and she was slow on the refills. The fries were good, but I had run out of soda and couldn't finish them by the time they went cold. The burger was good, and I appreciated that I could order medium-rare. It was so juicy that I had to finish it with a knife and fork!!

Overall, the food was OK, although the dinner menu looked better than the lunch menu. You can't beat the ambiance here, I enjoyed the view, the birds, the butterflies, the flowers, the music, and the frogs in the creek!! you can't beat the ambiance. It is a romantic spot, and I was by myself. I will return here if I have the opportunity for a romantic tryst. Also, I would stop here if I was driving up Highway 1 and needed a stop. Next time I might eat at the snack shack.

Ragged Point Snack Bar

So I was at Ragged Point yesterday and decided to try something from the snack bar. I ordered a hot dog. It was a bit expensive, but everything in Ragged Point is expensive!! I was impressed that they cooked it for me rather than handing me a dog that had been in a warming tray. The hotdog was a bit more spicy than I expected, but it was large and hot. The cook split the dog lengthwise in order to heat it all the way through. I think this technique might have made it a bit dry, though. I might try something else next time, this was more like a sausage than a hot dog, but at least it didn't have thick skin.


No comments: