Friday, January 29, 2010

Review - Restaurant - Ciao Bella

This restaurant has limited hours, usually dinner only, but breakfast and lunch on the weekends. I finally got a chance to visit, but was disappointed. The window view is nice, except you see the roof of Rose's below.

I ordered Chicken Penne, salad, and a bottomless soda. The salad consisted of weeds, some slimy from spoiling, and the blue cheese dressing was a bit spicy. Later, I saw some of the greens that were from my salad growing in my backyard!! They were playing Reggae music, which seems like a strange choice for an Italian restaurant. There were only 4 tables in use, and the service was incredibly slow. My salad was delivered at least 10 minutes after I ordered, and there was no bread to tide me over until it came. I finished my salad and had to wait another 10 or 15 minutes for my dish. My neighbor's food arrived sooner than mine did, even though they arrived after I did. Another server asked if I needed a refill, but my server delivered it. My server finally came out and told me that my dish would be right up, that the cook had to find my "pre-cooked" meal!! When it finally came, the sauce was watery and it had no flavor. The chicken chunks were good, but I was offered no bread with which to soak up the sauce.

While I was waiting, I noticed that they made a mistake on my neighbor's dish (I think they left the crab off of their Benedict). The presentation of the dish was even tacky, they served it in a big bowl with dried parsley (basil?) around the rim. I will not return here, terribly disappointed.

No comments: