Friday, January 8, 2010

Review - Restaurant - Fosters Freeze

This is one of the first restaurants I visited when I moved down here last year. It is within walking distance of my house and I have been there numerous times since then. I have tried their burgers and their crispy chicken sandwich which were good, but nothing to write home about. Their hot dogs are horrible, for some reason they split it when they cook it, which makes it dry and rubbery. Their soft cones are good, and I sometimes just go in for one of those. In fact, when I was in there today, about half of the folks ordered only an ice cream item.


I like to order the chicken strips for kids because it comes with 2 strips, french fries, a soda, and a small ice cream cone!! The strips are more coating than chicken, but they taste pretty good dipped in ranch sauce. Their fries are nothing to write home about, but they are good if you eat them with the ranch sauce. Don't forget to check to make sure they included the ranch sauce, they have forgotten in more than once for me!!


I tried all the Mexican-themed items on their menu and was quite disappointed. The taco wasn't very good, too juicy and it broke through on the bottom. I ordered it without tomatoes. The taquitos were really hard, the exact opposite of the taco!! I worried about cracking my bad tooth further so I was careful to eat it on the other side of my mouth. I think the taquitos came with a "guacamole" sauce, but I suppose it could have come with the burrito. I ate my taquitos dipped in sour cream at home. The deep-fried burrito was probably the best of the trio, my friend had told me to order it. I, also, dipped this in sour cream, although the girl behind the counter told me that it was good with the hot sauce packets she gave me. I won't be ordering any of these items again.


I tried their corn dogs and they are pretty good. They were crispy and hot, but they needed some extra salt. I dipped them in ketchup.

They offer two chicken sandwiches, one is grilled and the other is fried. I had not tried the grilled sandwich until this evening, it was quite good. It comes with a whole grain bun, and it is a bit spicy. I think this is my item to order when I come here in the future.

Grilled Chicken Sandwich (no tomatoes) ; Crispy Chicken Sandwich (no tomatoes)

Their hotdogs are OK, they split them when they cook them, I just ordered mine with ketchup.

The "Garden Salad", however, should be avoided. As you can see it is just shredded iceberg lettuce with a couple shreds of cheese. I asked for no tomato.

Each time I go there I see a different demographic of person. There are families, of course, and also solo older people. I see young men lunching here, as well as groups of teenagers. Today there was a cute family who I interacted with. They were quite impressed that there was a fish tank set up in the restaurant. I am, too!! The most recent visit I met with a couple who came out from Reno and they HAD to have the cheeseburgers. He said his Mom used to work there when the waitresses wore roller skates!! I will definitely return to this restaurant and may try out some of the other menu items.

No comments: