Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Review - Los Olivos Restaurants


The Brothers Restaurant (aka Mattei's Tavern)

I loved this restaurant.

I have fond memories of dining at Mattei's Tavern, so when I was recently down in Santa Barbara and decided to stop by for dinner. I was surprised when I arrived that the restaurant had been purchased by two brothers from Iowa in 2002. I was happy that I decided to stay for dinner.

I had the Hearts of Romaine with roasted garlic dressing and shaved parmesan salad (basically a Caesar salad), which was really yummy. Just the right amount of dressing, a bit spicy - probably white pepper. The croutons were diagonally-cut slices of bread made into croutons. The Roasted Chicken Breast stuffed with goat cheese was cooked perfectly, the mashed potatoes were divine, and I actually ate my green beans!! I even ordered mud pie for dessert and they made me a mocha for the drive home.

This is a high-quality meal for a reasonable price. My bill was around $40. On my way out I noticed that the bar portion of the restaurant was packed. The wait staff told me that people come all the way from Santa Barbara and Santa Maria to dine here.

No comments: