Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Review - Restaurant - China Dragon


This is the best Chinese restaurant in Morro Bay. It is on Main in North Morro Bay, and I will definitely return. The food must be good because Jack LaLanne was dining there with his wife the first time I dined here. He had Almond Chicken, and ordered hard-boiled eggs and pot stickers. I guess he comes here often, as the owner came out to talk with him. The staff is friendly and they also do take-out & delivery. They don't offer bottomless sodas, so I just had water. I was surprised that I had to ask for chopsticks.

I usually order the Almond Chicken, with steamed rice [they used to offer brown rice, but not the last time I was there]. The lunch comes with soup and an egg roll. I also ordered some pot stickers because there is a $10 minimum on the order to use a credit card.

The egg flower soup was hot and flavorful. I will order their wonton soup in the future, though, because it is so yummy.

The pot stickers were fantastic, although the sauce is a bit spicy for my mouth!! I am happy to find a local place with pot stickers, because I often get a craving for them.

The Almond Chicken is great, with a lightly flavored sauce and lots of crunchy veggies. The chunks of chicken are large and the almonds are fresh and crunchy. I appreciate that the onions, zucchini, and mushrooms are large enough for me to find and remove.

The last time I had the Almond Chicken the owner noticed that I had not eaten the zucchini, I promised her that next time I would try them. And, I did!! The chunks of zucchini were small enough and cooked lightly enough that I enjoyed them.

I ordered the meal and it came with soup, entree, egg roll, wonton, and fried shrimp!!

One time I visited this restaurant, I ordered the appetizer sampler for two as my dinner. And, I ordered the Almond Chicken as a to-go order. The appetizers included 2 of each of the appetizers on the menu and some dipping sauce. I will always choose to come here when I have a craving for good Chinese food.

The last several times I visited for lunch they offer a lunch menu. Sometimes I luck out and they have brown rice, but I almost always get the same meal -- Almond Chicken. I am never disappointed.

No comments: