Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Review - Restaurant - Giancarlo's


I am so happy to have discovered a great Italian restaurant in Morro Bay. One expects to find restaurants down on the Embarcadero (which is where the other inferior Italian restaurant is), but this gem is up at the top of Morro Bay Blvd. Opened in December 2008, I hadn't gotten around to dining here until just last week.

I stopped in for lunch and was happy to see a great restaurant with a wonderful chef, wait staff, and bussers. I felt as if I was treated with respect, which is hard to find when you dine alone. By the time I was finished the restaurant was almost full. The wait staff are charming, which may explain why so many ladies were "doing" lunch. Or, it could be the phenomenal food!!

Although the specials sounded great, I chose from the "living" menu and ordered the Tortellini Carbonara, yummy! The lunch came amazing ciabatta bread, along with a delicious salad with poached pears and candied walnuts. Just the right amount of dressing, too. The food was great, and the price quite reasonable. My bill, with bottomless soda, came to about $20.

This restaurant has a Sunday Brunch and special events, such as an opera-singer dinner. I sat at a table, but you could choose to sit at a bar and observe the chef at work. I think I will do this next time so that I can see how each dish is prepared.

No comments: