Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Review - Restaurant - Chapala


Everyone told me that if I wanted good Mexican food I should try Chapala Restaurant. I liked that the dining furniture was authentic Mexican and that the menu was actually in EspaƱol!! The dining area was pretty crowded with workers on their lunch break and families. The TV was blasting some sporting event, racing? After my order was taken the waiter never even came back to see if I needed anything. I think it was the chef who delivered my meal. There were no free refills on the sodas, so I drank water. There was no blue cheese option for the salad, so I went without.

I ordered the fajitas de pollo, with sour cream and cheese. I should have said "on the side" because they just sprinkled the cheese and sour cream over the fajitas. The chicken pieces were chopped so small it was hard for me to pick them out to make up my fajita. The flour tortillas were good, and the chips were ok. The rice and beans were good, and I dipped the chips in them. I was surprised to see that there was no guacamole with the rice and beans. The salsa and fajitas were quite spicy, also. I drank lots of water, had to flag down the chef to get some more water!!

I probably won't return to this restaurant, unless I am with a group who wants to go here. I do know that they are known for their tacos, so perhaps I will try those next time.

No comments: