Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Review - Restaurant - Tognazzini's Dockside Fish Market


I decided to start at the Rock end of The Embarcadero when trying new restaurants. The last restaurant is Tognazzini's Dockside Fish Market. The owner and people behind the counter were really friendly.

I was happy that they had blue cheese dressing, which is sometimes hard to find, for the salad. Not surprisingly, the menu is mostly fish and seafood so I had a hard time finding something to try. They say in their menu that they "lean heavily on the bounties of the sea". I decided to get the cheeseburger, a salad, and bottomless soda.

As I went outside to the dining area, I noticed that they have hooks to use for your dog's leashes. I like this idea, although some people may not like eating somewhere near dogs. I noticed a dirty fish tank right by a table, and the tables were not cleaned between customers (at least that day). The other thing I noticed was that people were allowed to smoke out in the dining area. I thought that was against the law, but apparently not as they were handing out ashtrays. I didn't have any inside dining options, so I was forced to take my food to-go. I ate in my car.

The salad was just limp weeds, and the burger was nothing to write home about. I had to walk back to the restaurant to get my soda refill. On my way back to my car I realized that the Fish Market is not the main restaurant. The menu is the same, but the restaurant is enclosed. I might try the main restaurant the next time. [see separate review for Tognazzini's Dockside Restaurant] I like the restaurant's sign that was made of sand dollars. But, I won't be back to the Fish Market for a meal. If I wanted outdoor dining I would go to the Lil Hut or the Hofbrau instead.

No comments: