Monday, June 8, 2009

Review - Bakery - Dolly's Donuts


I had a hankerin' for some donuts the other day, so I decided to try out Dolly's Donuts on Quintana. I arrived right as they were closing, so my selection was not the best and the donuts were not as fresh as they would be first thing in the morning.

However, I was surprised that they were still quite delicious. I tried a blueberry cream cheese croissant, a glazed, a maple glazed, an old-fashioned, and a buttermilk bar (which he threw in for free). To wash them down I bought a blended iced mocha drink (which gave me an "ice cream" headache)!!



The best was the blueberry cream cheese croissant, now all I have to do is convince them to offer a chocolate croissant also. The glazed was good, as was the old-fashioned. I wasn't wild about the maple glazed, as it didn't have a primary glaze first, just the maple frosting on the top. The buttermilk bar was very dense and I couldn't finish it all, but it tasted good.

I will definitely go back here, especially if my hankerin' comes first thing in the morning.

Follow-up Note: They no longer offer the blueberry croissant, but I tried the red one (strawberry?). They also now offer a chocolate chip croissant, which I will try next time. I bought the donuts in the photo earlier in the day, and they were good. This is the spot to get donuts in Morro Bay, for sure.

No comments: