Monday, June 8, 2009

Review - Restaurant - Jasmine Thai Cuisine


I was happy to see a Thai restaurant within walking distance from my house!! However, I was bummed after I ate lunch there one day. First of all, I noticed that I was the only one in the restaurant during the lunch hour. That should have been a clue.

I ordered a chicken thai dish, mild, and drank water. When the dish arrived I began to eat and was instructed by the server that I was not eating correctly!! Yeah, that's right, she told me how I should eat my meal. That was when I decided not to tip her higher than 15% exactly. During the meal she kept talking to me, even though I had my ear-buds in and was listening to a book-on-tape!!

One other person came in while I was there, and I don't even remember if the food was good or not because I was so put off by the server (owner?). There is another Thai place down on the Embarcadero that I will try soon. I hope that one is good, because being from the South San Francisco Bay Area, I really miss good Asian food.

Today I walked down the Boulevard and decided to try this restaurant again. There were more people here, including a large group of about 6 guys and a little family. While I was there another couple came in and a group of 4 folks. The lady who had been so rude before was not there, instead an older gentleman was my server. The menu didn't seem to have the dish I had ordered last time, so I tried the Chili Basil with chicken. I ordered it "very, very mild". The server asked me if I wanted steamed rice.


Not only was the dish way more spicy than "very, very mild", I heard the table next to mine order brown rice. He didn't even let me know that was an option!! Also, I was turned off by the fact that they charged extra for the rice, it should be included in the dish. Another turn-off was that when they brought me the credit card slip to sign, they actually circled the TIP line!! And, they didn't print a copy for me to take with me. I tipped exactly 15% this time, too, and am most likely not going to come here again. The server did recommend a couple of less spicy alternatives, so if I come here with some other people I will know what to order.

No comments: