Sunday, June 21, 2009

Review - Restaurant - Frankie & Lola's Front Street Café

I tried out Frankie & Lola's Front Street Café and was not quite sure what to make of it. When I used the unisex bathroom there was a framed poster of Burt Reynolds' Playgirl centerfold!! There are 4 large tables and 2 small tables inside, and about 5 tables outside. The servers were pleasant and I got a window seat with a view of the Rock. It was a Sunday and was quite crowded.

I ordered their "French Toast", which was not exactly the french toast I was expecting. But it was quite tasty, with good flavor -- no syrup necessary. They allowed me to order from the child's menu and I got an egg with bacon and potatoes. Water to drink.

This is a great place for breakfast, although I was unable to order lunch so I will have to try them out again for lunch.

I was able to make it down for lunch and ordered the Caesar Salad with Chicken. It was HUGE!! I could only finish half, and took the rest home for dinner. Next time I order this I will definitely ask them not to "dress" the salad so I can take it home and dress it later.They have great homemade croutons, too!!

I liked the great old time music and the bendy straws!!  I didn't like that they had flimsy napkins, I went through a ton while I was eating.  I will definitely return here, perhaps to get a pic of the delicious french toast dish I tried last year!!

No comments: