Monday, June 8, 2009

Review - Drive-Thru Fast Food Restaurants in Morro Bay

I have always been a user of drive-thru fast food restaurants, but was surprised to find that Morro Bay only has three of them. I suppose I should feel lucky with those three, since drive-thru restaurants are prohibited in the city of San Luis Obispo.

Taco Bell
I have decided that I like the Taco Bell, on Main street in North Morro Bay at 41, the best. Their servers are friendly and they don't mix up my special orders. The prices are reasonable and the food is consistently good. The only complaint I have is that they don't have Coke, but they can't control that!!

Combo #6 (2 Chalupas (no tomatoes), 1 taco (extra sour cream), 45¢ chips)

Cheesy Double Beef Burrito

Chicken Flatbread Sandwich (no sauce)

Burger King
The Burger King on Quintana has good french fries when they are fresh, and their sodas are consistently good. I have been ordering their Crispy and Grilled chicken sandwiches quite often these days, especially since they offer a 99¢ soda refill, even for their XL cups. They are offering several low-priced options in these hard economic times, my favorite was their double cheeseburger for $1. They currently have a bacon cheeseburger option that is pretty good. They are my second favorite. I often call up the memory of the original chicken sandwiches that were so good back in the day. Unfortunately, they are smaller and so dry these days that I won't be ordering another one here.

Original Chicken Sandwich, regular-sized French Fries

Double Whopper with Cheese (no pickles, onions, or tomatoes), regular-sized fries

McDonald's
Close behind is the McDonald's on Quintana. I like the quality of the sandwiches, but their fries are hit and miss. The drinks are good, but they often get handed to you with the soda all dripping down the side. The servers are also hit and miss, in terms of friendliness, and for a while there they had some really kooky people at the window. I like their special offer of any size soda for $1, but they tricked the public by eliminating their XL size and reducing the amount of soda in their Large size (from the standard 32 oz. to 30 oz.). You have to be careful when you put one of their new Large cups in your car's cupholder, because it is now too top-heavy and tips over easily. To avoid this I ask for mine in a "Sweet Tea" foam cup instead.

Double-Cheeseburger Mighty Kids Meal (plain)

Quarter Pounder with Cheese (Plain) + French Fries (regular size)
This is my go-to item at McDonalds, when in doubt I order a QP!!


"New" Chicken Sandwich (no tomato)
These are either grilled or crispy, I didn't like the dilly taste of the flavoring.

No comments: