Monday, June 8, 2009

Review - Restaurant - Tognazzini's Dockside Restaurant


After my less-than-stellar experience at Tognazzini's Dockside Market, I was not sure I would like the restaurant. However, I realized that the reason I didn't like the Market was that there was no smoke-free seating options. The restaurant had plenty of smoke-free seating, and so I decided to try it out.

All of the things I liked about the Market hold true with the Restaurant, pleasant servers and the view. This is a family-run business and the customer's are more like friends. The tables have historic photos under glass, each table showcases photos of specific boats that have been docked at the piers. In fact, while I was there, a D-Day veteran was dining on calamari. When his bill came out, the waitress said that his meal was on the restaurant, that he was a hero and she thanked him!! Amazing.

The menu is heavily sea-food and fish oriented, which is always hard for me. I had ordered the cheeseburger at the Market, so I wanted to try something else. I ordered a stacked club sandwich with bacon and turkey. I also ordered a salad and a bottomless soda. The server was prompt with my refills, which I always appreciate. The sandwich was really nothing to write home about, but it was filling. The kitchen forgot to add cheese to my sandwich, which was o.k. as long as they didn't charge me for it.

When the bill came by, the server told me that the owner apologized for leaving off the cheese and knocked my bill almost in half!! I was quite impressed, and will definitely return to this restaurant. This customer service in a friendly manner is the reason that people will return. I have a feeling that the seafood is good here, also. The only negative thing is that initially they attempted to seat me in the non-view seats, something I am used to as a single diner. I plan on bringing friends here when I have the next opportunity.


Second Mate Side Salad (minus cucumbers and onions), blue cheese dressing
[next time I will order the Romaine if possible, these were "weeds"!!]

No comments: