Monday, June 8, 2009

Review - Restaurant - Kitty's Kitchen


I have been to this restaurant twice. It is sort of cramped, a counter with a few tables and some more on the side patio. Both times I ate at the counter. The first time I recall that I liked the breakfast and atmosphere. The second time I was disappointed. I ordered the Eggs Benedict. Not only did it take a LONG time to arrive, the servers never even checked back to see if I needed anything else, etc. Now, to be fair, there seemed to be only two people working the entire restaurant. Perhaps the other workers called in sick that day. The other negative was that the food is quite expensive. I could have eaten Eggs Benedict at Dorn's for the same price, and would have gotten a Mimosa and a view of the Rock!!

I decided to try this restaurant out again and ordered a ham and cheese omelette. It came with "cottage fries", but they were really just shaved potatoes. The ham in the omelette is quite salty, but it was a nice large omelette with lots of cheese and ham. I suppose I might return here again, but I prefer The Hungry Fisherman, where I can get lunch for breakfast. This place is always packed, and there never seems to be enough help. Trying to get a drink refill was like pulling teeth. I like the bar option, but this day I sat at a table. I didn't like that instead of "You're Welcome" the server says "No Problem". I know, it is probably just me, but these two are not interchangeable!!

No comments: