Monday, June 8, 2009

Review - Restaurant - Carla's Country Kitchen

I have driven by this restaurant countless times and finally decided to try it out. I went in for a late lunch on a weekday and was surprised that there was only one other group there. Usually the parking lot has lots of cars, especially for breakfast.

I was not impressed with the service or the food. The girl who waited on me kept gossiping with the other people in the restaurant, when she should have been refilling my soda or seeing if I needed anything else, etc. The food was something that I could have made at home. The prices were high for the quality of food, and I do not plan on going to this restaurant again.

I decided to give them another try, this time for breakfast. Their lot is always full for breakfast, and now that Bob's isn't an option for breakfast I thought I might broaden my options.

I ordered the french toast with an egg and a double bacon. It was yummy. I might be back for this meal, but I would try to get 2 eggs rather than one next time. I sat right by the door, which was the only small table location option, which was a bit distracting. There was a group of local politicians doing their thing at a large table. I think the owner might be involved in local politics, and I for one don't enjoy listening to politicians trying to sell their ideas while I am dining. It was especially hard to listen to the "self-important" talk of one of the guys. Also, I found it odd that the person who brought me my water couldn't take my order!! The menu is a bit confusing, I thought I was getting hashbrowns and toast, but that is only for "egg" breakfasts.

I heard that they had a fantastic burger so I decided to try them out for lunch one day the next week. I chose to sit out on their patio so I could be alone and could do some work while I dined. It was perfect, no one else was there and it wasn't too hot.

I ordered a salad with my burger, it was nice. As usual, the blue cheese dressing was too vinegary, I will definitely miss Bob's blue cheese dressing!! The lettuce was fresh and the croutons were fresh.

I ordered the bacon cheeseburger and it was huge!! The fries, although they were hot, needed salt and were nothing to write home about, but the burger made for a perfect working lunch. The cheese was real, not American, and the large pieces of bacon hardly fit on the bun!! They do have free refills (although the soda was a bit flat), and the waitress was friendly and accommodating. I will be back for this burger again later.

No comments: