Monday, June 8, 2009

Review - Restaurant - Giovanni's Fish Market & Galley

When I had just moved down here I got a great coupon for $10 at Giovanni's in the mail. I didn't redeem it until it almost expired. I am not a fish person, so I was nervous that I wouldn't find something on the menu for me. No problem.

This is a walk-up and order kind of place, and then you eat on the waterfront patio. I ordered a cheeseburger, fries, a salad, and a soda. Fine food, friendly service and a waterfront atmosphere. There was a really long line when I left, so everyone else must like this place, as well. I will definitely come back to Giovanni's again. And I appreciated their gesture to me as a newcomer with a nice coupon.

I returned later to try their chicken strips, which were nice. I ordered these to-go and decided not to get a soda because there is a 50¢ refill charge. The chicken strips came with chips (i.e. french fries) and were thick and filling. The fries were better when they were hot, but since I ate them when I got home they weren't as good as I had hoped. They gave me only one little ranch sauce, and the sign at the window says they would have charged for the second one (although I didn't try to get one so I don't know if that is just to discourage people from wasting sauce). I might get these again if I was with folks who wanted to come here, but there are better chicken strips places on the Embarcadero.

No comments: